Re: [tor-talk] trouble changing Aurora menu button color - userChrome.css

On 3/22/2012 11:28 AM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
Do others find that Aurora (no longer says Aurora) has almost the same orange color as Firefox for main menu button, to be confusing, when have TBB & Firefox both open (I believe the UI element name is "appmenu-button.")?

I'm unable to correctly edit the userChrome.css file in TBB profile, to change the color from orange to green (or what ever). I hope when it changes the menu button color, it'll also change the icon color in the Windows tray.

I've edited the userChrome & userContent.css files before, but this doesn't work in TBB. I'm assuming that Aurora WILL use the userChrome.css file, if proper commands w/ proper syntax are entered?

Here's the command I found on Lifehacker to change the app-menu button color (using rgba instead of rgb). I edited the userChrome.css file that's in the path "E:\Temp\Tor Browser\TBB 2.2.35-8\Tor Browser\FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\chrome". This is same main path (folder) where I launch TBB, using "Start Tor browser.exe."

/* This changes color of orange Firefox menu button. */

#appmenu-button {
background-color: rgba(0,128,0,.8) !important;
I also tried putting spaces between the decimal values: rgba(0, 128, 0, .8).... which made no difference.

Can anyone see the problem - if there's one w/ syntax? Or is there another issue I'm overlooking w/ Aurora / TBB?

For those interested in changing the color or text of the menu button (on Win version, now same orange & same label "Firefox" as vanilla Firefox), I found the error of my ways & how to change either / or color or button text. Add this code to the userChrome.css file in Tor Browser profile. The profile located in the path: Tor Browser\FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\chrome\userChrome.css.

If you don't have the chrome folder or the userChrome.css, create them. Later versions of Firefox don't seem to include example versions of userChrome.css. You can get an older copy of the file, or paste these line at the beginning of the file. Enter any / all desired code *_AFTER_* the line: "@namespace url("http://www.mozilla....";
/*
 * Edit this file and copy it as userChrome.css into your
 * profile-directory/chrome/
 */

/*
 * This file can be used to customize the look of Mozilla's user interface
 * You should consider using !important on rules which you want to
 * override default settings.
 */

/*
* Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning
 */
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul";); /* set default namespace to XUL */
Then enter the code below. Choose either / or to change button color or text (like to TBB, Torbrow, Aurora, etc.). Choose your own color or text content, where "Torbrow " is shown.

/* This changes color of orange Firefox menu button. */
 *
#appmenu-button {
background: #008000 !important;
}
 *
/* This changes the appmenu-button text from "Firefox" to "Torbrow"*/
 *
#appmenu-button dropmarker:before {
content: "TorBrow " !important;
}