Re: [tor-talk] Server/host for Tor forum in Iceland or Norway?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 07:26:56AM -0700, jefheri1@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.9K bytes in 13 lines about:
: I am interested in setting up a small Tor centric message board. Due to recent (and not so recent) events in U.S. Congress, E.U., and etc., I want to setup the message board in a country with strong -- and smart -- Internet privacy and security laws. As I understand matters, Iceland or Norway seem to be the best choices; is that correct? (I believe the Tor Project, or a group affiliated with them, uses servers in Iceland, but I could be mistaken)

I use servers in Iceland and did before I joined Tor. And yes,
torproject.is and tpo.is are both hosted with 1984.is. I also know
Mörður and Smári from 1984.is. My obvious endorsement is for 1984. They
are not the cheapest, but they are great.

Hosting relays in Iceland is expensive due to the current monopoly
arrangement on bandwidth and connections to Greenland and the
UK, see http://www.farice.is/. If planning to host tor relays in Iceland,
talk to the provider first. If you do, ISK 50,000+ monthly bills shouldn't
shock you.

Here is the writeup of my last trip to Iceland for Tor,
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/visit-iceland

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact