Re: [tor-talk] What would Tor v1.0 look like?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM, georgeofthejungle
<george_of_the_jungle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using Tor for many years now (when Tor was hosted by EFF), and
> I love how fast and far Tor is progressing, as well as other Tor Project
> projects (e.g., TorBrowser and TorButton). I've always wondered what it
> would take for Tor to be called v1.0, e.g., how different would that Tor
> be vs. the current Tor?

Personally, I've been thinking we should just drop the leading "0" for
the first release to become stable after this fall, in honor of the
tenth anniversary of our first public release.  (Assuming I'm counting
right)

Once I thought there was such a thing as being "done" with all this
stuff, and that kind of "done" would be called "1.0".  Now I think
there's always more challenges and opportunities, and so on.

peace,
--
Nick