[tor-talk] Tor Volunteer Research Help

Hi,

I am a master's student in comp science at UIC (Univ. of Illinois at Chicago) planning to do a thesis on comp networks with/without anonymity online. I came across the volunteer research topics page (https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#Research). The topics that interest me are a,b, f, g, i, j and l.

I have about an year of school left within which I need to complete this. I need some direction here as to where to start? Is it a good idea to go ahead with those ideas for a thesis, given the time I have? Are there others working on the same? And if I do plan to do it, what are the tools required and papers to read?

Thanks,
Venkat