Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Question - Not saving settings

> The thing that worries me is that by calling it "Tor" or "Tor Browser"

As you quote there are many Torbrowser projects at sf.net and the one you
are referring to exisits since more than 3 years.
so no need to worry.

> In general, I would be quite happy if there where an alternative well
 designed and maintained alternative to the browser developed by The
 Tor Project.
An alternative to Firefox exists and this is good. The Browser needs not to
be maintained by tor people, as it is independent.
The project by the way is not a browser project, it is a vidalia plugin
project. It provides just a Qt dll. If someone wants to join or wants to go
on, it is the vidalia people as they are the Qt plugin developing, which
has been used as code.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/torbrowser/

>  the trademark holders never filed a complaint.
this has been discussed one year ago on the lists and a disclaimer is
mentioned and was suggested.
If something other or more needs to be considered, please announce it from
the offcial persons.
Otherwise we found a good solution as requested.

>The technical design decisions of the project you linked are irrational
 and the level of anonymity it provides is dubious.

This is nonsense as all the items of security can be explained and are
given due to modern standards.
See Firefox not soving the problem, which the new browser currently solves
(as one of the only browsers)

"According to http://feross.org/fill-disk and http://www.filldisk.com, it's
possible to dump lots of garbage onto a user's hard drive by some HTML5
mechanism. Dooble 1.40 does not suffer from this attack. Please enable your
plugins and visit filldisk.com."
So why do you suggest Firefox with this bug? as wellt he cookie bug
especially in reagard for Tor is dangerous.

I see it the opposite way: Stop using Firefox as TBB and we would not have
any problems, if the the Alternative Bundle is made the offical one. Thanks.