Re: [tor-talk] TorBrowser spoofed screen size?

On 3/6/2014 1:59 AM, Georg Koppen wrote:
Joe Btfsplk:
But, EVEN WHEN  I reset my system to 96 DPI, reboot - TBB still shows a
weird value - like 1920 x *933* (just an example).
NO one has a screen size w/ those odd numbers.  That's the issue.
Yes, they should be a multiple of 200 x 100. Resizing the browser window
does currently not take DPI and the size of taskbars into account (this
is #9268). See my comment 7 there as well that was probably for you.
Thanks Georg, but I think? we're talking about different things.

The bug #9268 is about the size of TBB window when it's launched (whether it fits on monitor, etc.).

The issue in THIS post, is the "screen size" (monitor size), that can be detected by sites for fingerprinting purposes as opposed to how well the TBB UI fits on the monitor when it's 1st launched. Not the same things - though possibly ? related.

On the browser test sites mentioned, I'm not running the tests w/ TBB window partially enlarged (as when 1st launches). But to clarify / add to your comment here, IF... one DOES run the browser tests w/ TBB UI in "non-full screen mode," the test sites will show *different* detected screen size than when it's maximized.

And, if you zoom the TBB screen (Ctrl + scroll), the test sites detect a different "screen size," as well.
Different issues than my original question on this post, but worth noting.