Re: [tor-talk] Pissed off about Blacklists, and what to do?

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 08:06:11PM +0100, lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 1.4K bytes in 0 lines about:
: From a "Security-Wise" point of view, if i was the IT Security Manager
: of a company, i would definitively block Tor's access to my IT
: infrastructure.

As a former head of IT for a global company, we made blocking decisions
based on data. Blocking was enabled for targeted attacks for limited
amounts of time. Infected clients were far, far more problematic than
open proxies, vpns, etc. Mass-hosting facilities were far more problematic
than open proxies, vpns, etc. Tor barely came up on the list ever.

If your goal is to make your information available to any potential or
current customer, blocking them is a bad business move.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475