[tor-talk] Fundamental differences between Onion Routing and The Onion Router

Dear All,

Where I can find information about the fundamental differences between Onion Routing (OR) and The Onion Router (TOR)?

what I know is The OR allow repeated use of router, for example, Routers used as entry relay can be used again as the exit relay when the path length of the network is more than two relays. However, this does not allow in TOR network.

and also, TOR network has been added perfect forward secrecy, congestion control, directory servers, integrity checking, configurable exit policies, and practical design for location-hidden services via rendezvous point that all features were not formerly found in Onion Routing (OR).

How about selection of the routers? TOR network select relays on TOR users side (vidalia), so the user can select multiple relays to be used as an entry or exit relays. the OR?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
MR