Re: [tor-talk] Linux kernel transproxy packet leak (w/ repro case + workaround)

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Patrick Schleizer <adrelanos@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Soul Plane:
> > I have an Ubuntu middlebox to torify. It uses TransListenAddress,
> > TransPort. One interface accepts incoming traffic that will be torified.
> > The connections to the tor network go out on the other interface which
> can
> > access the internet unrestricted. I can't find the original directions I
> > used to set it up. The Torbox page I have commented in my config now says
> > it's been replaced by Whonix. I tried the wiki there but it doesn't load:
> > http://sourceforge.net/p/whonix/wiki/ Does what you're saying apply to a
> > setup like mine? Thanks
>
> The TorBOX instructions project does no longer exist. Old instructions
> do still exist in torproject wiki history. Reviving them from wiki
> history will be tedious.

The directions I used turned a normal Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with two network
adapters into a tor middle box. It was a long time ago and I don't remember
how I did it, but I had the torbox url commented in my config next to the
transproxy option. I looked at the torbox url via internet archive (june
2012) but I can't find the directions I used. My iptables don't seem to
have any entries.