Re: [tor-talk] How can I let tor use the local dns settings instead of using its built-in dns queries?

On 2/26/15, Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could someone please give me some hints on how to let tor use my own dns
> settings instead of using its built-in dns query mechanism?

using your own DNS settings would be a "side channel" and "IP leak/disclosure".

Tor cares about your DNS if configured as relay, in order to respond
to lookups on behalf of clients like yourself.

as a client, you must always resolve hosts through Tor, or connect by
name, otherwise you circumvent the protection it provides.