Re: [tor-talk] generating more donations

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Denise Mangold <denise.mangold@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I have my amazon smile to donate to the Tor project.  I think there should
> be more marketing of this to generate more money/donations. I do see it in
> the donate page, but I think more people would use the Amazon smile.  A lot
> of people shop on amazon and support tor.

That is a really great idea and I don't think a lot of people know about
it. If you go to smile.amazon.com and search for charity "tor project inc"
the first result is The Tor Project Inc. Selecting that charity is a
frictionless way to donate. After that every time you buy from
smile.amazon.com which is basically Amazon you are supporting the project.
As far I can tell it isn't any more expensive than regular amazon.com (I've
been opening a second browser to regular amazon.com the last few times I've
bought something just to compare prices) although I don't see where they
say that explicitly.