Re: [tor-talk] Why corrupt government officials are strongly opposed to this Tor project (a Gestapo government run amok!)

> When it comes to those of you from the UK, your bizarre "conspiracy
> theory" rhetoric is starting to get just a tad bit too creepy and
> indicates it is time to get a grip on reality.

Because in the absence of evidence, it is just that - a conspiracy theory.
You're asserting that Fox and the Govt (or at least some of it's agencies)
are conspiring, but have provided no real no evidence to support it, hence
theory.

> Why are those of you from the UK of all places so desperate to discredit
> me by the way?! When a citizen posts information for analysis that
> proves foxnews.com, senate.gov, and usps.com are using the exact same
> Tor-blocking software, and the timing that this software was installed
> on the same three domains is not coincidental, how can you in your right
> mind state that there is not a significant connection between these
> three entities?

That they're all using the same method of communicating the block is
evident (they all return a 404 with the same 'reference' number). The
underlying software being used to generate their blocklist isn't something
that's immediately identifiable from the responses being returned.

In point of fact, foxnews appear to be blocking all tor exits (or I've been
very lucky in the exits I've selected) whilst senate.gov and usps.com
appear to discriminate between exits (some are blocked, others aren't).
That at the very least, suggests completely different policies (even if the
software affecting the block were to be the same).

There have been reports for quite some time of Fox blocking tor exits (see
for example
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2015-January/036472.html),
though I don't know when senate/usps started.

Aside from a similar error message, you've not provided anything to show a
'significant' connection between the three. It doesn't mean that there
isn't, but the point being made is that you haven't provided anything to
show that there is.

It's equally possible that both Fox and the US Govt have purchased 'bad
behaviour' blocking software from the same private company.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Travis Bean <tlbean@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03/05/2015 01:57 AM, Ben Tasker wrote:
> > You claim to have proof of this conspiracy, but have simply provided
> > conjecture based on the fact a number of sites (including Fox News) block
> > access from (certain) tor exit nodes. That some sites block tor users is
> > neither news or outright proof of a conspiracy. You may hold additional
> > 'evidence' of what you claim, but what you've provided so far doesn't
> come
> > close IMO.
>
> When it comes to those of you from the UK, your bizarre "conspiracy
> theory" rhetoric is starting to get just a tad bit too creepy and
> indicates it is time to get a grip on reality.
>
> Why are those of you from the UK of all places so desperate to discredit
> me by the way?! When a citizen posts information for analysis that
> proves foxnews.com, senate.gov, and usps.com are using the exact same
> Tor-blocking software, and the timing that this software was installed
> on the same three domains is not coincidental, how can you in your right
> mind state that there is not a significant connection between these
> three entities? Enough already!!!
>
> Have you been smoking too much Indica from Afghanistan or something? Try
> smoking 25%+ THC Delta 9 Sativa from South Africa next time - it will
> help you maintain your focus where you do not read between the lines and
> skip over important details regarding information analysis.
>
> I find the hurtful insults and naive, foolish responses on this mailing
> list up to this point to be very childish, and coming from individuals
> who either are out of touch with reality, or perhaps spun on too much dope.
>
> Good day, Travis Bean
>
> --
> Travis L. Bean
> T.L.Bean - Your source for FREE open source
> www.tlbean.com
> --

Ben Tasker
https://www.bentasker.co.uk