Re: [tor-talk] Why corrupt government officials are strongly opposed to this Tor project (a Gestapo government run amok!)

> So you use your perceived authority of an upset citizen to mask your
> incapacity to use filters?

Not all of us read this list on a MUA that has easy-to-use filters.  We generally subscribe to lists that contain useful information, have a high signal-to-noise ratio, and are subscribed to by users who care more about the intended list subject than about getting into yet another useless flame war.

If a list stops fulfilling these criteria, people like us unsubscribe, leaving the list to its inevitable decline, destined to join the ever-lengthening roll of moribund, flame-filled lists that no longer exist or have ceased to serve any useful function on the net.

This is by far not the only list, group, or blog out there.  Even if it is the only one that contains "Tor talk", if it ceases to have any content related to its intended purpose, I have no reason to stay subscribed.  If I want unsubstantiated accusations and wild theories, I'll read YouTube comments or watch Fox News.

--
Jim Goltz <jgoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>