Re: [tor-talk] .onion name gen

On Fri, 04 Mar 2016 19:55:01 +0000, Flipchan wrote:
> IF i generate a .onion domain , isnt there a risk that someone can generate the same domain? I mean anyone can generate .onion domains and IF i got an easy .onion address then some could easily generate that rsa key right?

There is no 'easy' onion address, only ones that look like they
are. Faking facebookcorewwwi takes the same effort as any other.
Getting an onion that starts with facebook but does not end in
corewwwi is much easier (by the factor 1099511627775), but that
is true for any other eight character prefix as well.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>