tor and bittorrent

I've read about a past clash involving bittorrent and tor (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/doc/AnonBT/), but it seems that Azureus has built tor support into their bittorrent client. Does anyone know the details of their implementation?

This was mentioned on Slashdot (http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/05/03/0458256) and you can see it in the changelog (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/changelog.php).

If they've integrated a client, it would be nice if it acts as a server, too. This is going to be an enormous surge in traffic, and the files that people are going to want to download by bt anonymously are probably going to represent a big surge in copyrighted material being unlawfully moved across the tor network. Has the Azureus team been in contact with anyone here?

(or maybe they've just added support for tor and I'm overreacting! It's happened before... :) )