Re: Tor 0.1.0.6-rc is out

Mac version has missing quote in the /Library/StartupScript/Tor/Tor The patch as follows:

60c60
<   echo "Syntax: tor {start|stop}
---
>   echo "Syntax: tor {start|stop}"

On 2005/05/14, at 20:17, Roger Dingledine wrote:

This is the sixth release candidate for the 0.1.0.x series. This is an
actual release candidate--it's going to be the final release if there
are no bugs--we promise. :) We fixed the last known major problems:
we don't use threading on netbsd now, and the new libevent 1.1 detects
and disables the broken kqueue that ships with OS X 10.4.0.

Libevent 1.1 also has __significant__ performance improvements if you're
using poll or select. Try it, you'll like it.

Please report any bugs, either in the installers or in Tor operation, so
we can get it perfect for an actual release: http:// bugs.noreply.org/tor

http://tor.eff.org/download.html

o Bugfixes:
- Implement --disable-threads configure option. Disable threads on
netbsd by default, because it appears to have no reentrant resolver
functions.
- Apple's OS X 10.4.0 ships with a broken kqueue. The new libevent
release (1.1) detects and disables kqueue if it's broken.
- Append default exit policy before checking for implicit internal
addresses. Now we don't log a bunch of complaints on startup
when using the default exit policy.
- Some people were putting "Address " in their torrc, and they had
a buggy resolver that resolved " " to 0.0.0.0. Oops.
- If DataDir is ~/.tor, and that expands to /.tor, then default to
LOCALSTATEDIR/tor instead.
- Fix fragmented-message bug in TorControl.py.
- Resolve a minor bug which would prevent unreachable dirports
from getting suppressed in the published descriptor.
- When the controller gave us a new descriptor, we weren't resolving
it immediately, so Tor would think its address was 0.0.0.0 until
we fetched a new directory.
- Fix an uppercase/lowercase case error in suppressing a bogus
libevent warning on some Linuxes.

o Features:
- Begin scrubbing sensitive strings from logs by default. Turn off
the config option SafeLogging if you need to do debugging.
- Switch to a new buffer management algorithm, which tries to avoid
reallocing and copying quite as much. In first tests it looks like
it uses *more* memory on average, but less cpu.
- First cut at support for "create-fast" cells. Clients can use
these when extending to their first hop, since the TLS already
provides forward secrecy and authentication. Not enabled on
clients yet.
- When dirservers refuse a router descriptor, we now log its
contactinfo, platform, and the poster's IP address.
- Call tor_free_all instead of connections_free_all after forking, to
save memory on systems that need to fork.
- Whine at you if you're a server and you don't set your contactinfo.
- Implement --verify-config command-line option to check if your torrc
is valid without actually launching Tor.
- Rewrite address "serifos.exit" to "localhost.serifos.exit"
rather than just rejecting it.