Re: os x kernel panics

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 12:33:21AM -0400, phobos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I managed to grab a kernel panic off my machine tonight.  Annotated
> panic.log attached.  The red is the gdb output from a remote debugger.

Hi Phobos,

What version of Tor was this? Tor 0.0.9.x doesn't use kqueue; to my
knowledge OS X 10.3.x does not implement kqueue; and Tor 0.1.0.7-rc links
libevent 1.1 which detects and disables kqueue on 10.4.x because 10.4.x
implements an api that is different from every other kqueue on earth.

So, are you doing this on a Tor 0.1.0.x where x != 7-rc? If so, you should
upgrade. :) If you're using 7-rc, can you tell us the log messages when
Tor starts up, that say what polling method libevent has decided to use?

Also, you say you could trigger these panics on Tor 0.0.9.9. It might
be nice to compare the symbols you find for these panics, since if
they reference kqueue also, perhaps you are not lining up your symbols
correctly?

Thanks!
--Roger