Problems with TOR & FreeBSD

I am trying to track down an issue I am experiencing with TOR on FreeBSD 5.3. I had a problem once where TOR v0.1.0.5 core dumped while using libevent 1.0e. I upgraded libevent to 1.1 and have tried the new editions of TOR as they were made available. I only received the coredump that one time. My behavior now is TOR will run for a short while then error out with the following entries:

May 20 15:13:40.870 [warn] connection_about_to_close_connection(): Bug: Closing stream (marked at connection.c:1000) without sending back a socks reply.
May 20 15:13:49.616 [err] do_main_loop(): libevent poll with kqueue failed: Invalid argument [22]

I'm not sure if the first message is related to the problem that brings TOR down or just a side effect of TOR dying.

At this point I've backe down to 0.0.9.9 and will monitor the system.

Any help is appreciated.

-Warren.