Re: FW: I still do not understand...

Hi Manuel,

Two points. First, if nothing about the nodes is published or
otherwise known to you the Tor client, there is no basis to think that
the network (or the part presented to you) consists of anything but a
hundred nodes run on a few highspeed machines by a single
individual. Actually there is not even the need to setup a hundred
distinct nodes. Basically there is no anonymity protection at all.

Second, anonymity and censorship resistance are related but not the
same. One could want to provide an anonymous communication network
without a concomitant desire to provide censorship resistance. Also,
censorship resistance is hard, and anonymity is just one of the
building blocks for it. So, if you do want to build censorship
resistance, you need to build good anonymity. And, you need to have
researched, tested, and understood the anonymity provided to know
to use it in the censorship resistance context.

aloha,
Paul