Re: Memory use

It also uses a metric ton of CPU power when it's under heavy load. I've had it saturate the entire CPU, and I think it stops transmitting data in those situations too. It's spending a lot of that in a giant linear-time search through a bunch of strings, and when I get some free time I'm going to try to speed that up to O(log n) or a hash table or something, and send the patch in if it seems stable and good.

-Ben

Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
Is there a way to reduce tor's memory usage?  My node that does nothing
but tor and sshd ran clean out of 32MB memory and 64MB swap after only
1.5 days.  What is the steady-state memory usage like?

Ideally I'd like to be able to deploy tor on devices as small as WRT54G
or Soekris net4501.

-jwb