Re: TOR on Academic networks (problem)

Thus making Tor suck for everyone.  The better approach would be to just
say reject *:80 or reject *:* or something like that.  Your node is
still useful as a middleman and wouldn't actively harm clients.

Everyone how? .. it'd just affect people trying to access a specific set of academic journals through TOR, and only for 15 seconds or so until it picked another node.

Academic networks represent a large portion of the TOR servers, and because of the way these journals operate, we all have this problem.

Either allow the ExitPolicy to be longer somehow, or change the program so the "basic" routing policy is published, and allow each server to have a more specific one that is checked only when someone's using that exit -- to say "no, I don't allow that specific site, pick another node".

/mike.