Re: Crazy with Exit nodes

Benjamin Schieder <blindcoder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 02.05.2007 13:01:28, Fabian Keil wrote:
> > Benjamin Schieder <blindcoder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > root@pallas:/etc/privoxy# tail user.action
> > > # default policy to have a 'blank' image as opposed to the checkerboard
> > > # pattern for ALL sites. '/' of course matches all URLs.
> > > # patterns:
> > > #
> > > { +set-image-blocker{blank} }
> > > #/
> > >
> > > ## set vi:nowrap tw=72
> > > { +filter{hide-tor-exit-notation} }
> > > /

> > Looks like you forgot to enable client-header filtering:
> > http://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/actions-file.html#FILTER-CLIENT-HEADERS
>
> Interesting. Why isn't this listed in the help for hide-tor-exit-notation?

I don't remember. Probably I either assumed that it would
be too obvious and that calling it a "header filter"
would be enough of a hint, or I just didn't think about it.

> I've been searching for a viable solution for this for a while.

Please consider writing a problem report the next time
a Privoxy feature doesn't appear to be working.

So far there wasn't any feedback for hide-tor-exit-notation,
so my assumption was that it worked as expected for everyone
who cared about it.

> Also, would it be possible to do it the other way around? Inserting an
> existing exit node notation into links in the page?

There's no official Privoxy filter to do that,
but you might try something like:

FILTER: add-tor-exit-notation Adds the Tor exit node notation to absolute link targets
s@<[^>]*(?:src|href)\s*=\s*['"]?\s*http://[^/>\s]*@$0.zwiebelsuppe.exit@gis

I assume it works but I only tested it with a few examples.

It wont work for relative URLs, but if you already used the
Tor exit node notation to reach the page it doesn't matter because
the browser will treat the exit note notation as part of the host.

With Privoxy's CVS version one could solve that problem
with dynamic pcrs commands and the $host variable,
but it would make more sense to leave the page source alone
and just redirect the browser's requests to a rewritten
version of the request URL:

{+redirect{s@(http://[^/]*)/@$1.zwiebelsuppe.exit/@Ui} \
}
tor.eff.org/

(Requires a Privoxy version above 3.0.6)

Fabian