Re: crypto error

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 03:30:53PM +0100, Sam Lewis wrote:
> I've had the following warning in my log file. Any
> idea, anybody.
>
> [warn] crypto error while checking RSA signature:
> block type is not 01 (in rsa
> routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1)
>
> [warn] crypto error while checking RSA signature:
> padding check failed (in rsa
> routines:RSA_EAY_PUBLIC_DECRYPT)
>
> [warn] Invalid signature -1

No ideas. Perhaps you can give us a few hints about your situation?

What OS, what Tor version, did you install from a package or source,
what openssl version, did you change anything, what did you change,
do you have hardware acceleration enabled, etc.

Alternatively, is Tor working for you generally and this appeared in
your log for no reason you can tell?

My bet is that you're either trying to install Tor to some really odd
hardware/software combination, or you're running a really old Tor. Or
both. :)

--Roger