[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Testing a DNS-based exit node list?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Testing a DNS-based exit node list?
- From: tup <tup.tuple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 12:01:13 +0000
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 08 May 2007 08:01:24 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=QTmI2It8/2sYJFeLwgekYG6qlGg6gGn800GshOfCLlubeYPPwg7NWB38wKqPCgVWONwrd4KP3FNMvwCw/695Gla2L8TdhOLBfPLtrkH8I2fkt07QqUyRLUlvxN3QoInqXbonlHR34+UjH0htWX4AddndvU86TpejFe+XAqedS7Y=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=MWSKvwwA7IjgnI3f4zD02OkeNRHGHYUnITptqmjERXq5rt0Rq87nphvBDnTeR9B7/zFXp/lucqNYqYSv80HYPlo9N7Nc9BSvrn9ViOixWK36tlEqi6nErCe3FHbGmkYfyT90CcQ8gN3kS7Cve7Af2vQ+0Ns9fJVUDScAVgr8YZA=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've written another implementation of the DNS-based exit list for Tor
nodes specified in . It provides some advantages over Joe Kowalski's
implementation  including active testing through exit nodes, lower
resource usage, and fewer dependencies. Unfortunately, to gain these
advantages it maintains more internal state and thus has a greater
potential for bugs.
You can find it here: http://p56soo2ibjkx23xo.onion/
It needs public testing before it can become official, so this message is
a request for somebody to set it up publicly. If you're comfortable
building a program written in Haskell using GHC on Unix and delegating a
DNS zone to an authoritative name server, you might be qualified to help
test this out. You should be willing to stick around and upgrade to newer
versions when they are released.