[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Bandwith donation for some days ?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Bandwith donation for some days ?
- From: coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:44:59 -0700
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:45:12 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=WrZETbcXPI1fYUYwea13zKq6ZJyNwUJT79QtyMbGp9qG+vmZa2iN7gtY4kuSoxGP2S0DvEa2tzFYRv25GEa8UPlxhkMCSxiaScbHwV5+Agv8/0NefyZddnZdlS6JkYl/hZN0wnu67TQVpXuDwz5aJmYUf9J3p5EKfjNTNCFiAMI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=ZYrf72ObV9esFLMtgFmGbJfuTcSzgcBho7D3o6G4tOM3weM1uq3aAXB42IQBne2IYrGEX7OwKvbktKx1h/wX20GdmHYMhcl/ePCSKx8RoNpT/2F5wF5f4E62n545gQEk86siL5xmTrtrqft9ibt2GqzXGjYwrolWvLIAfEqNlJ8=
- In-reply-to: <200705301726.10249.chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <200705301726.10249.chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/30/07, Christoph <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There will be the chaos-communication-camp in August in Germany
(http://events.ccc.de/camp/2007/intro) with a 10G uplink.
And since this is never really used, I thought it would be a nice Idea to set
up some tor-servers there.
if there is anyone with a VIA C7 system they could use there i would
love to assist with a padlock accelerated openssl/Tor node. i do not
have a link where i can test myself, and this would be a useful
opportunity to see how much crypto offload improves throughput.
i've listed raw openssl stats in a previous message to this list,
along with a link to a patch that combines the MONTMULT acceleration
for RSA/DSA with the patches for AES/SHA offload via padlock dynamic
[my expectation is that zlib compression of traffic will become the
new bottle neck, as crypto overhead drops off. i am very interested
to see a real world test though...]