Re: Bandwith donation for some days ?

On 5/30/07, Christoph <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There will be the chaos-communication-camp in August in Germany
(http://events.ccc.de/camp/2007/intro) with a 10G uplink.
And since this is never really used, I thought it would be a nice Idea to set
up some tor-servers there.

if there is anyone with a VIA C7 system they could use there i would
love to assist with a padlock accelerated openssl/Tor node.  i do not
have a link where i can test myself, and this would be a useful
opportunity to see how much crypto offload improves throughput.

i've listed raw openssl stats in a previous message to this list,
along with a link to a patch that combines the MONTMULT acceleration
for RSA/DSA with the patches for AES/SHA offload via padlock dynamic
engine.

[my expectation is that zlib compression of traffic will become the
new bottle neck, as crypto overhead drops off.  i am very interested
to see a real world test though...]

best regards,