Re: hidden service maps

They're hidden in the sense that their physical location is a secret. They can be listed on other hidden Tor services (or even on normal webpages) and accessed like normal, but there's theoretically no way to track down who exactly is providing the service (with the same set of guarantees as tor normally provides, of course).

-Ben

Grant Heller wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but if they are hidden, how does one use them? Are they for the private use of the person deploying them? I've been a subscriber to this list for quite some time, have read a good bit of literature about TOR, but never have really gotten a good grasp of the hidden services. Many thanks!