Re: USAF wants to violate federal criminal law

Fortunately, desire and ability are not the same thing.

While I have to respect that an entity as large, well-funded, and powerful as the U.S. military represents a credible threat to individual users that they may select, I don't see them as that kind of threat to ALL users using the variety of operating systems loaded with so many unique application installations sitting behind a diverse array of uniquely configured security appliances.

Of course, for the conspiracy minded, you have to appreciate that the recent scandals involving chinese electronics, harddrives, etc., that such a plot just might be in the making with the consumers footing the bill by paying for hardware and bandwidth. I don't believe that to be the case, but it might make a good book.