Re: TOR and HADOPI

On Thu, 28 May 2009 22:25:49 -0700 (PDT)
Curious Kid <letsshareinformation@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This policy model, applied globally, may put and end to Tor. Imagine
> if exit nodes in every country were shut down, yet their operators
> were still required to pay for an Internet connection for a long
> period of time thereafter. Each country having their own special
> blend of banned activities further complicates matters.
>
> Maybe Tor could go completely hidden.

I really can't see how the pay for something you aren't receiving part
of this bill will stand any kind of a legal challenge. Cutting off a
persons service is one thing. Forcing a person to pay for nothing is
almost universally considered theft/extortion.

--
freemor@xxxxxxxxx
freemor@xxxxxxxx

This e-mail has been digitally signed with GnuPG - ( http://gnupg.org/ )