Announce: The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System 0.5

Hello,

The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System, version 0.5, is out.

What is it?
===========

T(A)ILS is a Live system aimed at preserving your privacy and
anonymity:

- all outgoing connections to the Internet are forced to go through
  the Tor network [1];
- no trace is left on local storage devices unless explicitely asked.

  [1] https://www.torproject.org/

Where does it come from?
========================

This is the first release since the Amnesia and Incognito projects
have joined efforts [2].

  [2] https://amnesia.boum.org/news/new_project_name/

Get it, try it, share it!
=========================

Try it! Any comments are most welcome. Please note you'll need to
install the CACert root certificate into your web browser before
connecting to our web site... unless you use Debian.

T(A)ILS can now be downloaded over HTTP [3] in addition to BitTorrent.
We want to thank the various people who already contribute bandwidth
with HTTP mirrors or BitTorrent seeds. We could make use of more, so
drop us an email if you are in a position to help spreading our
ISO images.

Please note we now have a newsletter [4], a web forum [5] and
a chatroom on IRC [6].

  [3] http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/
  [5] https://amnesia.boum.org/forum/
  [6] https://amnesia.boum.org/chat/

What's new?
===========

Since the last release three months ago, tons of bugs were fixed,
including:

- A trick workarounds the nasty bug that often prevented the system to
  connect to the Tor network.
- New windows don't open in background anymore.
- Memory wiping at shutdown is now lightning fast and does not
  prevent the computer to halt anymore.
- onBoard now correctly autodetects the keyboard layout... at least
  once some keys have been pressed.
- and more!

Other notable changes include:

- Tor 0.2.1.25
- Vidalia 0.2.8
- Claws Mail 3.7.5 with OpenPGP support
- Pidgin automatically connects to irc.oftc.net with a randomized
  nickname, which allows to easily join our new chatroom.
- At shutdown time, only prompt to remove CD; just halt when booted
  from a USB stick.
- User settings ($HOME) are now generated in a programmatic way: no
  more ugly binary files in our source code!
- Forbid any IPv6 communication with the outside.
- Added some wifi drivers: Ralink rt2570, rt2860 and Broadcom STA.

... and of course the usual bunch of software security updates.

See the online Changelog [7] for details.

  [7] http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/tags/0.5

Bye,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx>