RE: Polipo question

> From: jch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Polipo question
> Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 18:08:22 +0200
>
> > does anyone know if there is a config file option to turn off all
> > caching in Polipo?
>
> If you look at the Polipo manual, there's an index. If you look at the
> index, there's an entry for "uncachable". If you follow the entry,
> you'll find the config variable "uncachableFile".
>
> --jch

Thank you, I have a recollection of reading that section and not really understanding it - I think I would need a good understanding of how caching works and all the directives first. From what I read, you have to know in advance which URLs you don't want cached, and put them in uncachableFile. That's not really practical. But thanks for trying to help.
GD