Re: [GSoC] Improving Snakes on a Tor

Anders Andersson wrote:
The way
to do better at that one is to teach users and service providers about
end-to-end authentication and encryption.
From what I've seen I don't think there is any realistic hope for any
significant number of web pages to be served with end-to-end encryption (not
sure what your reference is to end-to-end authentication) in the foreseeable
future.

Jim

I take it that you don't consider HTTPS to be end-to-end encryption
then? Because I don't see why it would be unlikely for at least
sensitive websites to switch to HTTPS.

Of course HTTPS is end-to-end encryption! And, of course, it is already used some. We apparently have different assements of what the future holds and how quickly. Time will tell ...

Cheers,
Jim