Re: nameserver stats

Qualified guess: These might be so-called BitTorrent trackers.

These tracker URLs are embedded in torrent files that you download.
You can download these torrent files from various sources, not
necessarily (even rarely) from the site itself. When you load these
torrents into a BitTorrent client, the client tries to contact all the
trackers embedded in the file, and will probably try every 5 minutes
or so. Smarter clients would give up or use incremental/exponential
back-off, but there are probably enough dumb clients out there to
compensate.

The sad thing is that people try to use Tor for BitTorrent, though of
course there might be a use for BitTorrent on Tor so I hope it's not
just for sharing the random average movies and music.