Re: perfect-privacy.com, Family specifications, etc.

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Scott Bennett <bennett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     On Thu, 20 May 2010 00:40:42 -0400 =?utf-8?Q?Jerzy_=C5=81ogiewa?=
> <jerzyma@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>I apologize for altering the nature of this thread, but can someone =
>>please summarize what this discussion is about? Who is =
>>perfect-privacy.com and why are they of concern to Tor users? I am =
>>having a difficult time following the threads.
>>
>     If you subscribed to this list after the start of the thread, just
> go to the list archives, and look for my original message.  It should
> all then become clear.

This suggestion, coming from you, is especially hilarious. You haven't
yet successfully preserved a single thread you are present in. You
really need a mail client from this millennium. STFW for 'In-Reply-To
header'.

(Sorry for the noise or-talk, I was obliged to comment at that
hypocrisy. I'll go back to rummaging through the trash for delicious
snacks and discarded research papers now.)

P.S. I too had a bit of a problem following exactly why MyFamily has
to be this cumbersome. If Tor clients are already doing pair-wise
checking anyways, why can't all nodes just refer to a 'mother' node's
descriptor that lists a family key that can be used to sign a simpler
family statement. Or, just limit the number of families a node can be
a part of to just one, specified by a UUID, to limit the damage they
can do.