Re: gwget and tor?

Scott Bennett wrote:
     On Wed, 26 May 2010 09:40:29 -0400 "Aplin, Justin M" <jmaplin@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
I don't know about gwget, but plain wget supports http proxies, which you can point at Polipo. If you're only going to need to do this every once in a while, I'd pop open a terminal and do the following: HTTP_PROXY=127.0.0.1:8118 && HTTPS_PROXY=127.0.0.1:8118 && FTP_PROXY=127.0.0.1:8118
export HTTP_PROXY && export HTTPS_PROXY && export FTP_PROXY
wget your://url.to/download.here

     Once again, I strongly recommend that you set the *_proxy environment
variables to full URLs rather than to the abbreviated forms you've shown
above.  See fetch(3) in the man pages for details.

Hi Scott,

This is the second time I've seen you reference the fetch(3) man page,
so I thought maybe I should post.  I believe you run one of the BSDs.
Just FYI, I cannot find a fetch man page on my Linux systems.  I know
that several years ago when I was proxying Lynx I looked up this
information /somewhere/.  I thought it was in some man page but I cannot
find it now.  Maybe I pulled the info off the web? <scratches head>

Cheers,
Jim