Re: HTTPS Everywhere Firefox addon

Mike Perry wrote:

> Peter Eckersley of the EFF and I wrote this addon this past week
> to make it easier to use Google's SSL search feature, among other
> mixed-mode SSL sites:
>
> https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/
>
> The addon is based on the NoScript STS/HTTPS forcing engine, with
> improvements in how rules are specified. Rules for our addon are
> specified as XML files that allow arbitrary URL rewrite substitution
> via regular expressions and exclude patterns. This allows us to write
> more complete and less error-prone rules than NoScript's
> include/exclude model allows.

Mike,

This is really nice! I like it a lot from the little I've played
around with it. However, running this under Linux and starting
Firefox from a terminal I gets lots of unneeded/wanted output
in the the console. Ie:

    Got http-on-modify-request
    Got http-on-modify-request
    Got http-on-modify-request
    Got http-on-modify-request
    Got http-on-modify-request
    Rewriting http://www.google.com/ -> https://www.google.com/
    Forced URI https://www.google.com/
    Got http-on-modify-request
    Got http-on-modify-request
    Got http-on-modify-request
    Got http-on-modify-request
    Got http-on-modify-request

This actually looks like debug. It would be nice it that disappeared :-).

Cheers,
Erik