Re: [tor-talk] To Toggle, or not to Toggle: The End of Torbutton

Thus spake anonym (anonym@xxxxxxxxxxx):

> 12/04/11 15:07, Mike Perry:
> >> If we migrate to shipping TBB, can we go on maintaining our Tails
> >> specific Firefox configuration delta as described above? Will the
> >> TBB's Firefox use the standard ways to fetch system-wide
> >> configuration? (I guess this should be a opt-in option, probably not
> >> toggle-able from the GUI, as the TBB usually wants to be as much
> >> independent from the host OS as possible.)
> >
> > I would prefer it if we can unify our prefs.js use, but I guess you
> > guys may want to support more things. I think with effort you can even
> > get flash running safely under a default configuration...
>
> Exactly, and there are other things (extensions mainly, see below) that
> TBB likely will not include but we want. I think it'd be better if we
> wouldn't feel constrained like this. If we'd privide a patch adding a
> "--use-system-default-profile" parameter that make Tor browser look for
> the default profile in the vanilla Firefox directory, which ought to be
> nigh trivial, wouldn't that make everyone happy?

Yes. This is the way we should go. In fact, it looks like setting the
about:config extensions.enabledScopes may be all you need:

We will be disabling that for TBB builds. You'll just need to flip it
back.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist