Re: [tor-talk] anonymous surveys via Tor?

Am 04.05.2011 20:56, schrieb katmagic:
On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 02:39 -0600, Jim wrote:

kuhkatz wrote:

you could just put the survey on a .onion-site to ensure only tor-users
can vote.
maybe you would still consider blocking the tor2web-proxies.

In terms of of the Tor network, aren't tor2web proxies simply ordinary
clients?  How would you know the request cam via tor2web?  Am I am
missing something?

Jim

Tor2Web sends the X-Forwarded-For header which will contain the IP of
the client that requested your site. Actual Tor users won't (shouldn't)
send this header at all.

i just set up a .onion to test.
i get the X-FORWARDED-FOR-headers, yes.
the reported ip belongs to the university of stanford, which is definetly neither the location of me, not my onionsite.

maybe this is the ip of the tor2web-site which was given me from their roundrobin?
if thats true, it would allow blocking tor2web servers, but since its not the ip of the user visiting the site that would not be necessary in the first place.