Re: [tor-talk] Logging in to Yahoo e-mail accounts now failing???

Curious Kid wrote:

The timing of this is suspect. They are now rolling out Yahoo! Mail Beta. To use it requires accepting their new terms of service and privacy policy. The biggest change I see is a deeper explanation of their content-based advertising. The good news is that Yahoo is garbage anyway.

From http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/details.html

When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, ... Unless expressly stated otherwise, you will not be allowed to opt out of this feature. If you consent to this ATOS and communicate with non-Yahoo! users using the Services, you are responsible for notifying those users about this feature.

Thanks for the heads up.

I should have seen it coming.

The other day I saw the email from Yahoo announcing their "new and
improved" email service.  It said I would be able to postpone updating
to it for a while but that before too long it would be rammed down my
throat.  Unless, of course, I bid them farewell.  I have been waffling
about what to do about my Yahoo account ever since Microsoft's failed bid to buy Yahoo. I guess this settles it ...

Jim