Re: [tor-talk] Basic questions from new user but...

1) "TBB is modified so that JavaScript shouldn't hurt anonymity."
OK so I can safely allow JavaScript with my emails and be anonymous.
Confusing because NoScript says:
  "Allow scripts globally (dangerous)."

2) "The TorBrowserBundle (TBB) should allow scripting by default"
Confusing because when I log into Tor using TBB the NoScript icon has a red slash through it. If I go to any site, e.g. Kmart.com or mozilla a window opens up at bottom and says:
Scripts currently forbidden                    Options... Allow https://mozilla.org
So I have the option to allow it but by default it is not allowed.

Hope these questions can help other low-tech users.

When I'm on TBB, the NoScript icon has a red slash through it.