Re: [tor-talk] any issue with TBB extensions auto updating?

We're not aware of any fingerprinting or anonymity issues, so long as
you keep the same set of addons in TBB and do not install extras.

The updates are authenticated over SSL.

However, we want to ween ourselves off of our dependence upon the CA
model for authenticating these updates:

Thus spake Joe Btfsplk (joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx):

> Is there any anonymity / fingerprinting issue(s) w/ extension
> shipped w/ TBB auto updating during a Tor session?
>
> Default setting in TBB in Addons > Extension under drop box, "Update
> Add-ons Automatically" is checked.
>
> Do No Script, HTTPS Everywhere, TorButton automatically update when
> the default update selection above is checked & does that pose any
> anonymity / fingerprinting issues?
>
> Thanks.

Mike Perry