Re: [tor-talk] Encryption on Http

Joe Btfsplk writes:

> Countries forbid SSL / https ? I did not know that.  But, I guess it
> makes sense in oppressive countries that don't allow any privacy.

There's been a lot of talk of this, but we should get someone from a
project that does empirical tests about Internet censorship to say
whether there are countries where this actually happens on a regular
basis.

I've heard that in several countries the technical parameters of the
Internet censorship are changed (a lot) during particular periods of
crisis or tension.  Sometimes that includes just turning off the
entire network in a region.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen@xxxxxxx>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/