Re: [tor-talk] Socks5 and msmtp

grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]

I could not follow these notations now, please wait!

> msmtp's complement, fetchmail, speaks of SOCKS in its
> docs, mentions a couple socks libs. But I've not tested
> fetchmail with them yet, it should be.

fetchmail leacks inesorably (?) dns requests also used through a proxy
socks -  this is my experience.

I found fdm (http://fdm.sourceforge.net/) really better: it has native
socks support and in my probes it does not leaks.

> I think there's also a capable 'm' complement for fetching by
> the same author as msmtp, but I don't remember its name.

I don't know.

> esmtp seemed inferior at the time.

I don't know too.

--