Re: [tor-talk] Tor + VPN + DNS (?)

Thanks - yes, this is what I think happens:

Tor:

Client (me) ---> Tor Node 1 ---> Tor Node 2 ---> Tor Node 3 (exit node) ---> Internet (HTTP or HTTPS).

Internet (HTTP or HTTPS) ---> Tor Node 3 ---> Tor Node 2 ---> Tor Node 1 ---> Client (me).

The DNS is done remotely at Tor Node 3 (exit node).

All traffic from the client to Tor Node 3 is encrypted.  This includes the headers (IP address of the destination) and body of the message.

The client's ISP can only see that the client (me) has connected to the IP address of Tor Node 1.  That's it.  Nothing more.

Correct?

Tor plus VPN:

Client (me) ---> VPN ---> Tor Node 1 ---> Tor Node 2 ---> Tor Node 3 (exit node) ---> Internet (HTTP or HTTPS).

Internet (HTTP or HTTPS) ---> Tor Node 3 ---> Tor Node 2 ---> Tor Node 1 ---> VPN ---> Client (me).

The ISP can only see that the client (me) has connected to the IP address of the VPN.

The VPN owner can only see that the client (me) had connected from my IP address (provided by my ISP) and requests to connect to the IP address of Tor Node 1.

All traffic from the client is first encrypted by Tor and then sent to the VPN which adds its own encryption.  The VPN will decrypt its encryption after the traffic exists the VPN system.  The Tor encryption continues until Tor Node 3.

The return journey will show the Tor encrypted traffic pass through the Tor system until it gets to Tor Node 1 and then enters the VPN system which will add its encryption.  Then, when the traffic reaches the client (me), the VPN will decrypt its encyrption, and then Tor will decrypt its traffic.

Correct?

Many thanks!  I appreciate your time and help.