Re: [tor-talk] Publishing Dangerous Data and Opinions

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 1:52 AM, I <beatthebastards@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know what you are on about exactly.
>
> Snowden went to Hong Kong to give the data to journalists personally not Wikileaks.
>
> Wikileaks has proven its system, obviously.
>
> Robert

This is a very naive position. Snowden did you Tor[1] to communicate
with Greenwald et al. In a sense, the "initial contact" dilemma is a
very universal problem indeed, and one which is ignored by many
proposed *-systems that naively assume some kind of PKI[2] is already
in place.

Or, if you're referring to the overall premise of Wikileaks etc.,
there are ongoing efforts[3] to abstract the process so that there
would be a (in a sense, market-)place for whistleblowers to pick
journalists who will receive their info.

[1]: not the best kind of sources (at all), but pretty OK as far as
secondary/tertiary sources go:
 * http://www.wired.com/2014/04/tails/
 * http://www.cnet.com/news/anonymous-os-reportedly-favored-by-nsa-whistle-blower-edward-snowden-reaches-version-1-0/

[2]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_key_infrastructure