Re: [tor-talk] darkweb-everywhere - was: Using HTTPS Everywhere to redirect to .onion

On 5/15/14, Zenaan Harkness <zen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5/15/14, Patrick Schleizer <adrelanos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Zenaan Harkness:
>>>  -> Illuminet
>>>  -> so we are the Illuminetti ? :)
>>
>> Please not. Iluminati is another negatively perceived term surrounded by
>> conspiracy theories.
>
> Thus the smiley :)
>
> I guess there are others of a similar ilk:
> * Club of Rominet
> * Kool Gnu Bright Net - the KGB Net of course
> * De Super Sluthey Net - De SS Net
> * Bretton Woodski Net
>
> Pretty lame ... I'm sure others could come up with better conspiracy
> inducing names. I like Illuminetti myself, for a pro-conspiracy name.

The principle is, without anonymous speech, we have no true freedom of speech.

Just as, without toll-free and anonymous travel, we have no true
freedom of movement throughout our states/jurisdictions.

So we have laws purportedly protecting a journalist's sources, in some
countries, but with wikileaks we see leaks the likes of which we could
barely imagine in the past. Wikileaks, on the backbone of tor,
industrialized anonymous speech.

What a wonderful thing.

Something humorous, poking fun at ourselves and/ or how we "freedom
advocates" take principles to heart so vehemently, might be a little
bit of reverse-psychology.

To be blunt, since I can't think of something subtle right now:
 freedom haters network

Which is funny because it is actually 'freedom lovers network', but
that's so bleh, so 'embrace your inner child and sing kumbaya to heal
the world with flowers'.

Now, the Freedom Hater's Network, that's a bit too blunt, but at least
tolerable to neo-cons. It's sarcastic. And we can look at it as "the
network you should use when you are confronted by those who hate
freedom", in other words, it's not "freedom hater's network" but the
"freedom haters network".

I think we ought be able to come up with something more subtle, this
is just an example of the thinking process. But I dunno, whatever
works.

* shut off network
* closed forever network
* unusable net