Re: [tor-talk] Codename: TorBirdy

Fri, 08 May 2015 07:29:56 +0000 tarihinde
"Vincent Schouten [info]" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> yazmış:

Hello Vincent

> So, I checked the troubleshooting
> section,"https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/torbirdy#Troubleshooting";,
> and it mentions this:
> /"//Make sure Tor is running and listening on 127.0.0.1 (localhost) on
> port 9150. "/
> I had already installed the Tor Browser Bundle, but it is still not
> clear what you mean by "running Tor".
> Do you mean, and for the record, I work on a Linux machine, to go to
> the command console and execute the command 'start-tor-browser' in
> the Tor directory?
> (Data/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/)
> Or are you talking about a service that needs to run in the
> background? And if so, how does I run such a service, and could this
> information be added on the Birdy site?

You can run Tor via Tor Browser Bundle. Simply start TBB and then run
"Thunderbird+Torbirdy".

Other option is install tor as a service and it will run at boot time
or later depending to configuration. Make sure that Tor service is
running before launching "Thunderbird+torbirdy"

--
Gökşin Akdeniz <goksin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>