Re: [tor-talk] Use of SUNLIGHT for illegal activities

On Wed, 20 May 2015 08:35:00 Thomas.Hluchnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> when dear god in heaven decided to construct earth, he implemented the sun
> in such way, that it shines over the good and the bad ones. Think about
> that. All criminals can do their bad things with help of the daylight. The
> sunlight is completely neutral, shining for everybody.
>
> What you are asking for is some kind of sunlight which is shining only for
> the good ones while the bad ones should be kept in the dark. But that
> approach is childish and unwise. Technical things are always neutral and
> can be used in any way. TOR is no exception. Use it for good or for bad
> things.
>
> You talk about pornography. I talk about hitmen, offering their services by
> hidden servers.
>
> If god decides to remove the sunlight from earth because there are some
> people not worth to receive sunlight, do you think this were a good idea?

Hi Paul,

WTF god has to do in this story? We are talking real life, not myth.

Having said that, I think we all converge toward one thing: Nobody can decide
what is right and what is wrong. It is by definition a biased thinking.

Tor is a liberating technology, it provides freedom of speech independent from
whatever power-that-be, may it be a local gov, an LEA, a dictatorship, a well-
thinking "we're always right" dogma, whatever.

Freedom is an absolute concept, like Anarchy, you have to accept everything,
from your own definition of bad thing to your own definition of good thing.

There's no compromise. Period.

What we have to fight is hypocrisy.

As a French national,  I can't stop thinking about "Tartuffe" by Molière,
written in 1664 [1] and "L'Origine du monde" painted in 1866 by Gustave
Courbet [2]. If you're still reading me, check Jacques Brel spitting on the
army in 1966 [3] and Léo Ferré singing about "pissing, ejaculating and crying"
in 1969 [4] ...

Tell me again, what's right and what's wrong?What's moral and what's not?
Where pornography starts and where does it stop? What is art and what is not?
Who decide and who cannot?

Krys

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartuffe
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Origine_du_monde
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bordel_militaire_de_campagne
[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A9o_Ferr%C3%A9

PS: I used to run an Tor exit node, I then turn it into a relay node because
of heavy pressure from the "We are the law" mother fuckers. I had to deal with
DDOS attack report, network scanning complains, "illegal" content access,
random insults in random "social media" places, and the list goes on and on...
But I will strike back, fuck them! DEEP!
Mais, la solitude...