Re: [tor-talk] TorBirdy and Gmail (continuation)

ÐÑÑÑÑ ÐÑÑÐÐÐÐ:
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 05:46:20PM +0100, James Anslow wrote:
>> `using Two-Factor Authentication (mobile phone) and
>> assigning an Application password to Thunderbird`
>>
>> I have used 2FA since creating my account and created an application
>> specific password for Thunderbird (icedove actually). Still, the issue
>> persists.
>
> What's the purpose using TOR when Google already know who you are and even
> know your phone number?

Because you may have two Email Service Provider groups:

Used-in-clearnet ESP accounts: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc...
Tor-only ESP accounts: Riseup, Lavaboom, Openmailbox, Austiciti,
Cock.li, etc...

The problem is Thunderbird+TorMail doesn't have a specific proxy
configuration for each account. So every account will use Tor Socks5 proxy.

If Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo has problems with Tor being used, you need to
find a way for it to work. Hotmail isn't complaining about Tor as far as
I know, Gmail does but should be solved and I don't know about Yahoo.

--
Juan Miguel Navarro MartÃnez

GPG Keyfingerprint:
5A91 90D4 CF27 9D52 D62A