Re: [tor-talk] Flash player

Hey Roman,

better send your responses to the Tor maillist - Maybe someone with more technical knowledge of this problem can give us other insights or ideas.

>but I thought that Tor flash, created just for Tor browser could be used instead of Adobe flash player

I think there's just too much work need to be done for creating a separate flash-build especially for Tor users. (Despite that Tor is not the right "organisation" for creating alternative flash-builds in general. Members of the Tor-Dev-Team have probably enough work keeping the core network running, stable and secure)

But even if this work would be done, there are much more methods to identify users by using flashs fingerprinting: Flash is able to read the most of your system information directly from your hardware (Like HWIDs of you HDD and MAC-Addresses from network interfaces and so on)

I've found an interesting thread in the blackhatwold about "socksifying" Flash:
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/proxies/191804-forcing-flash-through-proxy.html
There are solutions for using flash over socks proxies but none of them is really anonymous and/or usable on a daily basis without much effort.

Just my 2cents - best regards from Berlin,

Estevez

---- 25 Mai 2015 11:41:30 +0200 ÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÐÐÐ <silochi.roman@xxxxxxx> ----