Re: [tor-talk] fwd: FBI Is Pushing Back Against Judge's Order to Reveal Tor Browser Exploit

Well, It is possible that particular project was ended on that particular
machine.  I left after seeing the list.  Some one who left the front door
wide open might not like regular visitors and complain about it.  I might
have a backup of the eight hundred laying around though.  I think they were
only counting relays.  I also don't know why but every time I started Tor
it got pinged on a regular basis.  As a bare minimum I would suggest always
using tails so you at least have a chance of starting with a clean  OS.
Applebaum who knows more than most about Tor's Innards than most is
concerned about exploits that can be implemented.

https://www.marcus-povey.co.uk/2013/12/31/applebaum-lays-out-the-nsagchqs-terrifying-spying-capabilities/

and this is old very old

" I thought Iâd draw your attention to this absolutely terrifying talk on
the scope of the NSA and GCHQâs surveillance and information warfare
capability, by Jacob Applebaum.

Itâs fairly long, and somewhat technical, but in short, every paranoid
fantasy that we in the IT security world have had, appears to be true, and *it
gets much much worseâ"*